Superior Pawn & Gun is home to Hampton’s only public indoor shooting range for recreation, skill development, and training. Our range is first come first served and no appointment is needed. We offer a 52-foot firing distance with six lanes. Each lane is equipped with a toggle switch that allows the shooter to control their desired target distance. Range cleaning and maintenance is performed daily and weekly to ensure your safety and the longevity of the equipment. Superior Pawn & Gun is committed to recycling and sustainability. We recycle the brass and lead from spent casings. Our fully ventilated range meets ASHRAE standards and guidelines. We strive to minimize lead exposure by providing special soap in our restrooms to wash off lead dust that may be on your hands.
We allow handguns only to include 22LR to 45Cal (excluding .454 Casull and .460). Brass only. Steel core/penetrator, armor piercing/tracers prohibited.
Minimum age is 21 for handgun rentals. Minimum age to enter the range is 21. Minimum age to purchase ammunition is 21.
No person under the age of 18 may be in the store itself without a parent or legal guardian. Minimum age to enter the shooting range is 21. Individuals may bring their weapons or pay a flat fee and utilize access to our rental weapons. Rental weapons are an excellent option for test firing various calibers and frames to ensure best match of weapon choice and investment.
We train our employees to know the most about gun laws and what firearm is the right fit for you. Our range provides a safe place for firearm safety education while focusing on specific firearm skills. We have you leaving Superior Guns & Range with more than just a new firearm, but with knowledge and skills for responsible firearm ownership and use.
- Civilian: $16/per person
- Active Duty/Retired Military: $10 per person
- Law Enforcement with Shield: Free Entry Monday-Friday
- Handgun Rental* $10
- *Allows access to all rental weapons. One weapon issued at a time. Must purchase ammo from this location for use in our rental weapons.
Below are the membership tiers that we offer and the benefits that come with each membership. After includes our membership disclaimer.
Green Membership – $85
- Free entry for member and a guest for (12) months + (1) bonus month
Silver Membership – $175
- Free entry for member and two guests for (12) months + (1) bonus month
- Free range gun rentals
- 10% off ammo and accessories (does not apply to already discounted accessories or ammo)
Gold Membership – $250
- Free entry for member and three guests for (12) months + (1) bonus month
- Free range gun rentals
- 15% off ammo and accessories (does not apply to already discounted accessories or ammo)
- (4) free targets (One per guest) per visit
Membership only allows free entry into the range during business hours. All range guests regardless of membership tier or status are served on a first come, first serve basis. Range ammo availability is not guaranteed.
Seven Free Visits on our range
Every firearm purchase gets 7 free gun range visits upon approval and pickup!
We offer locker rentals for pistols and other range material including ammunition. This costs $8 a month or $60 for the year. There is no limit to how many lockers anyone can rent (depends on availability)
We offer private events where the group can rent the entire range to themselves. This is perfect for birthday parties, wedding parties and many more. Cost and rules are broken down below.
- Minimum of 8 people during open hours, minimum of 5 people if done between 9am and 10am.
- It is $50 per person and includes the range fee, rental, one box of 9mm (other calibers may be additional), one target, and eye/ear protection.
- Taxes may apply
- The time is for one hour on the range, additional time may be given depending on the size of the party.
RANGE SAFETY RULES
- NO Food, Drinks, or Tobacco are allowed on the Range.
Persons who have consumed alcoholic beverages or drugs will not be allowed in the range facility. Alcohol or Controlled Substance use prior to entering the range facility is not allowed. All food or drink brought into the range facility will be considered contaminated and disposed of immediately by Range Staff.
- EYE PROTECTION IS REQUIRED AT ALL TIMES.
Shooter’s glasses or tempered glasses are required to be worn at all times inside the range facility. Authorized eye protection must be donned before departing the retail area and must be worn at all times while inside the staging and firing areas (prescription excepted).
- OVER THE EAR PROTECTION IS REQUIRED AT ALL TIMES.
Over the ear hearing protection is required at all times inside the range facility. Over the ear hearing protection must be donned prior to departing the retail area and must be worn at all times while inside the staging and firing areas.
- NO Firearms Outside the Lane Booth at ANY Time.
All firearms must be clear and bagged or in a container before leaving the firing area. Firearms are not allowed to enter or exit the range in an open carry configuration.
- ALL UNDER 18 must be Supervised by Legal Guardian at ALL times.
Anyone under the age of 18 are required to be supervised by a legal guardian at all times while on the retail and range premises. Children under the age of 10 will not be allowed in the firing area.
- ALL Ammunition must be Screened and Approved by Range Staff PRIOR to entering Range.
No reloads, no steel, no aluminum, no armor piercing, tracer, or explosive ammunition is allowed. All ammunition is required to be screened and approved by Range Staff prior to entering the range facility.
- ALL Firearms must be clear with the action open except while actively firing.
Firearms must be cleared and safe prior to being placed on the booth table or to transition between shooters.
- NO Person is allowed forward of the firing line. ALL Firearms must be safely pointed downrange at ALL Times.
Contact range staff if assistance is needed.
- NO more than ONE Person allowed in the firing area at a time.
No more than 3 persons are permitted at each firing lane on the rifle range. No more than 4 persons are permitted at each firing lane on the pistol range. Coaching may occur at the permission of Range Staff.
- COMPETENCY IS REQUIRED FOR PUBLIC and STAFF SAFETY.
Only firearms in good working condition are allowed on the firing line (user is held responsible). Pistols, Rifles, and Shotguns must have functioning sights and are subject to inspection at any time by staff. Failure to display safe handling of firearm will result in removal from the range and an offer to participate in training.
- Completion of a current Electronic Waiver is Required Prior to Entering the Range Facility.
- Accurate and current customer information is required to ensure customer safety and satisfaction. Customers must provide valid photo identification, name, age, date of birth, address, phone number, and email address to use range facilities.Eye and Ear
- Protection is required at all times inside the Range Facility and must be donned prior to departing the retail space and entering the Range Outer Staging Area.
- Customers are authorized to fire up to .308 ball ammunition. No black powder firearms, no reloaded ammunition, no steel cased or aluminum cased ammunition, no armor piercing, tracer, or explosive bullets are allowed. All ammunition is subject to inspection prior to and during the customer’s range experience.
- All firearms must be pointed down range in a safe manner at all times.
- Firearms are required to be cleared and safe prior to transferring shooters
All fired rounds must impact the bullet trap area. No impact into floor, roof, booth barriers, or side walls.
- Drawing from the holster is only allowed for authorized customers and equipment must be verified by Range Safety as authorized. Training is available to verify equipment and competency at any time.
- Rapid fire, or rapid successive shots in strings of three (3) or more, must be approved by Range Staff.
- No food, drinks (to include water), tobacco or tobacco equivalent products are allowed in the Range Facility at any time. All food or drink brought into the Range Facility will be considered contaminated and disposed of immediately by Range Staff. This is in the interest of public health and safety.
- Alcohol or Controlled Substance use prior to entering the range facility is not allowed. All customers are subject to verification prior to entering the Range Facility and inspection at any time.